Yields: About 8 slices
Total Time: 40 minutes plus freezing time
For Pie Crust:
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 8 tbsp. Unsalted butter, chilled and cut into cubes
• 1 egg
• 1 tbsp cold water
• ¼ tsp. Salt
• 2 cans sweetened condensed milk
• 4 lemons, juiced
• 8 egg whites
• 1 cup icing sugar
For pie crust:
1. Mix flour and butter until flour has absorbed butter.
2. Add the egg and the water, mix and press the dough without kneading it.
3. Cover with plastic film and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. Stretch the dough with a rolling pin and place in a pan. Use a fork to make small marks in the bottom of the dough (it prevents the pie crust to break when baking).
5. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until browned. Let cool down.
6. Mix Lemon and sweetened condensed milk until the mixture is thick.
7. Combine egg whites and sugar and heat over super low heat until dissolved. Mix in a stand mixer until soft peaks are formed.
For assembling pie:
8. Fill the crust with the lemon mixture.
9. Cover with meringue. Use a pastry bag to help.
- Tags: LEMON PIE
- Jennifer Morgan